For the grilled pineapple
- 1 small pineapple, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (or 1/2 cup butter, melted if using regular brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the graham cracker layer
- 5 graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
For the cheesecake
- 8 ounces marcapone, softened
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened whipping cream (homemade or store-bought)
Top with maraschino cherries
- Mix together brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan over medium heat. Add pineapple slices and immediately baste with brown sugar mixture. Grill until both sides are well-browned, flipping once and basting again with more brown sugar mixture. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Set aside.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar with a stand or hand mixer. Add whipped cream and beat until smooth. Coarsely chop half the pineapple slices and stir into mixture.
- To assemble, divide graham cracker mixture between 4 dessert dishes and press down with a tamper. Next, divide cream cheese mixture between the dishes. Top each with a grilled pineapple slice and a cherry.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.